Located between Mont-Ventoux, the Montagne de Lure and the Luberon, the village of Simiane-la-Rotonde is officially listed amongst ‘France’s Villages and Towns of character’. Its medieval rotunda houses a museum of aromatherapy.
Also discover, within an hour from La Buisse:
- The ancient Abbey of Valsaintes and its rose garden.
- The village of Banon, with its superb goats’ cheeses, and famous bookshop ‘Le Bleuet’.
- The landscapes of Haute-Provence, in particular the superb lavender fields, with their beautiful colours and fragrances which embalm the Summer months.
- The old ochre quarries, forming the renowned Provençal Colorado of Rustrel.
- The dry stone sheep pens of Le Contadour, made famous by Jean Giono.
- The hilltop towns and villages of Haute-Provence, Forcalquier, Manosque, Sisteron…
- The skies of Haute-Provence, reputed the purest in Europe.
- The observatory of Haute-Provence in Saint-Michel-l’Observatoire and the astronomical observatory, Sirene, in Lagarde d'Apt.
Hiking and mountain biking.
Private tennis court on site.
Treetop itineraries in Rustrel and in Viens.
Horseriding on the Plateau d'Albion.
Paragliding in Rustrel and Banon.
9-hole golf course in Villars, and 18-hole course in Pierrevert.
Canoeing and kayaking on the Sorgue…